WHY WE LOVE OUR BODY SOAP:
Our Body Soap is vegan, eco-friendly and plastic-free. For instance, it a great plastic-free alternative to standard soap sold in plastic wrapping. As a result, this will help you to reduce your plastic consumption. In other words it will aid a more zero waste lifestyle.
Our soap is made in the UK, Devon, by our trusted soap-maker. Therefore, love and attention goes into every bar. All ingredients are natural including the oils. Because of this our soap bars are suitable for the most sensitive skin. In addition they are cruelty free and vegan which means they do not contain any Lanolin whatsoever.
WHAT IS LANOLIN?
According to Vegan.com Lanolin is an emulsifying byproduct of the wool industry. Lanolin is a common ingredient in hand creams, lip balms, mascaras and soap. Sheep provide nearly all the world’s lanolin. As a result, the process of extracting Lanolin requires removing it from sheared wool before it is made into yarn or felt. It is thought that much of the world’s wool comes from Australia where ‘mulesing’ is used. Mulesing is the practice of slashing away wrinkled skin without anaesthetic. Lanolin may also be labelled as: Cholesterin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Laneth, Lanogene, Lanolin Acids, Lanolin Alcohol, Lanosterols, Sterols, Triterpene Alcohols, Wool Fat and Wool Wax.
Because of this widely used process to extract Lanolin, we choose not to use it in our products. Our soap contains plant-based oils in place of Lanolin to achieve the same creamy affect.
HOW TO USE:
- Simply take the soap in your hand and use a little water to create a lather
- Then, use the lather in your hair and massage into your skin to remove build-up of dirt, products and oils
- We recommend breaking the soap into small chunks to avoid excess waste. Use a small chunk of soap per wash.
- Finally, store your soap in a soap tin.
- Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Glycerine, Cedrus Atlantica, Cymbopgon Flexuosus
- Allergens: Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Eugenol
- Packaging: Each soap comes packaged in a brown recycled-kraft box. Sealed with The Slow Living Company Logo paper label on the front and a ingredients paper label on the back.
Shop our full range of soaps here: SHOP SOAPS