Why we love our Shampoo Soap:
Our Shampoo Soap is vegan, eco-friendly and plastic-free. Therefore it’s a great plastic-free alternative to most standard shampoo sold in plastic bottles. As a result, using it will help you to reduce your plastic consumption. In other words, it will aid you to live a more zero waste lifestyle.
Our trusted soap-maker makes our soap in Devon, in the UK. As a result, love and attention goes into every bar. Furthermore, all ingredients are natural including the oils. This means our soap bars are suitable for the most sensitive skin. In addition, they are cruelty free and vegan which means they do not contain any Lanolin whatsoever.
What is Lanolin?
According to Vegan.com Lanolin is an emulsifying byproduct of the wool industry. Lanolin is a common ingredient in hand creams, lip balms, mascaras and soap. Sheep provide nearly all the world’s lanolin. The process of extracting Lanolin requires removing it from sheared wool before it is made into yarn or felt. It is thought that much of the world’s wool comes from Australia where ‘mulesing’ is used. Mulesing is the practice of slashing away wrinkled skin without anaesthetic. Lanolin may also be labelled as: Cholesterin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Laneth, Lanogene, Lanolin Acids, Lanolin Alcohol, Lanosterols, Sterols, Triterpene Alcohols, Wool Fat and Wool Wax.
Because of this widely used process to extract Lanolin, we choose not to use it in our products. Our soap contains plant-based oils in place of Lanolin to achieve the same creamy affect.
How To Use:
- Simply take the soap in your hand and use a little water to create a lather
- Use the lather in your hair and massage the scalp to wash away build-up of dirt, products and oils
- Castor oil helps with rinsing and the clay helps with absorbing excess oil. We recommend a vinegar rinse afterwards as a conditioner. Please note that this soap is clarifying, which means it is excellent at cleaning and clarifying the hair to its natural state. Depending on your hair type, use it sparingly.
- We recommend breaking the soap into small chunks to avoid excess waste. Use a small chunk of soap per wash.
- Store your soap in a soap tin.
- Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Ricinus Communis, Glycerine, Citrus Medica Limonum, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mentha Piperita Oil.
- Allergens: Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol
- Packaging: Each soap comes packaged in a brown recycled-kraft box. Sealed with The Slow Living Company Logo paper label on the front and a ingredients paper label on the back.
Shop our full range of soaps here: SHOP SOAPS